Today’s blog post is written by Laura Haltom, Corporate Giving Manager, and Cassidy Shah, Annual Giving Manager. They’re sharing some helpful tips and trips for fundraising for our Bowl for Kids’ Sake event on April 24! Want to learn more about the biggest bowling party of the year? Contact Cassidy at [email protected] or visit BeBigForKids.org/Bowl
IS BOWL FOR KIDS SAKE?
Bowl for Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters largest fundraiser across the nation and locally, the goal is to raise $100,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, helping serve over 1,300 kids in 2019! Bigs, community members, and corporate sponsors form teams of 4-5 and raise $500 collectively. They’ll take to the lanes on Wednesday, April 24 to bowl, eat, and party in their best superhero costumes for a great cause!
- The BFKS event website is an easy way to
- Your supporters can donate by credit card directly to your team by using the team hyperlink or going to www.bebigforkids.org/bowl and searching for your team or company name.
- Promote your involvement and wear your BBBS t-shirt and encourage others to donate or form teams.
- Have fun with your family, friends, and coworkers! Offer to wear your favorite superhero costume to the office if you exceed your fundraising goal, bring treats to work, or personally create a silly incentive!
- Will your company will allow you to host a jeans day where people can wear jeans to the office if they donate a certain amount of money to your team or BBBSCI?
- Are you celebrating your birthday soon? Consider encouraging your friends and family to donate to your team in honor of your day!
PROMOTION IDEAS & SAMPLE MESSAGING
- Display the Bowl for Kids’ Sake flyer or poster in your office, gym, or apartment lobby.
- Follow and share BBBSCI’s social media posts on your personal pages.
- Create your own social media posts:
- Highlight your match story. Post a picture of you and your Little (As a reminder, do not tag your Little and do not use their last name): My Little and I have been matched in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program for X months/years, and this has been a life changing experience for both of us. Please consider donating to my Bowl for Kids’ Sake team or forming your own team! @BeBigForKids will help defend the potential of more kids, like my Little, right here in our community. #bowlbigforkids #defendersofpotential www.bebigforkids.org/bowl
- Promote personal incentives. If ten people donate to my Bowl for Kids’ Sake site, I will upload a video of myself lip-syncing in my superhero costume! #bowlbigforkids #defendersofpotential www.bebigforkids.org/bowl
Email or text your network. You will be surprised by how many people will give when they receive a personal ask!