Start Working With Us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on Central Indiana's youth, schools, and the entire community.
Enrollment & Matching Specialist - Part time
- Enroll and assess potential volunteers, children, and parents/guardians which includes collateral, background checks, references, interviews, and database documentation. The assessment/interview can be conducted in the agency, home or community, and includes but is not limited to safety information, orienting and completing documents needed for enrollment or re-matching purposes, and determining eligibility of all applicants.
- Maintain customer service at levels exceeding expectations of our volunteers, parents, and children. Provide timely and comprehensive assessments, as well as recommendations for the volunteer and child, to assist in determining best program option.
- Place volunteers and youth in potential mentoring matches.
- Engage and work with diverse communities while building an appropriate relationship for matching purposes.
- Ensure consistent and timely follow through on the completion of all documents and required checks used to determine the volunteer and/or child’s eligibility.
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth and development experience for the child and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
- Be an ambassador for BBBSCI by representing BBBS in a professional manner, identifying and seizing opportunities to recruit volunteers, and to further the mission of BBBS.
- Works with families who are waiting to be matched, to ensure on-going engagement.
- Attend required meetings and events as scheduled.
- Establish and promote positive communication among all team members of BBBSCI to increase collaboration and reduce inefficiencies.
- Represent BBBSCI in a professional manner at all times, providing courteous service to both internal and external constituents and presenting a positive image of BBBSCI.
- Abide by BBBSCI policies and practices.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Will be required to participate in continuing educations programs as requested.
- Experience in social services, education and child development preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred (oral/written).
Interested applicants should send in a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Employment decisions include such activities as hiring, disciplining, pay, termination, promotions, etc. We operate in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding employment opportunities