Start Working With Us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on Central Indiana's youth, schools, and the entire community.
Volunteer Outreach & Engagement Intern
This is a non-paid internship with the Volunteer Outreach and Engagement Team. This position is a good fit for a person dedicated to recruiting and supporting volunteers in a non-profit setting that prioritizes putting kids first. The intern will have the chance to develop communications and plan events geared towards attracting and supporting potential Bigs. The intern will also have the opportunity to collaborate with corporate and community partners. The intern will gain experience in several aspects of work in a non-profit agency.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work recruiting booths at community fairs
- Work to confirm volunteer outreach opportunities
- Curate the information and create the content for weekly engagement email
- Develop and manage logistical plans for social recruitment events
- Update/maintain databases and other volunteer outreach tracking tools
- Design and coordinate event communications and registrations for recruitment events
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills:
- Undergraduate junior in college or higher
- Knowledge of local community
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Competence in MS Office and web based design software or the ability to learn
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Outstanding customer service skills and focus
- Must have dependable transportation
Interested applicants should send in a resume and cover letter to Rick Belbutoski, Manager of Volunteer Outreach & Engagement, at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Employment decisions include such activities as hiring, disciplining, pay, termination, promotions, etc. We operate in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding employment opportunities