National Mentoring Month
January is National Mentoring Month, and we're celebrating all month long! Here are some of the ways you can help us celebrate the volunteers, partners, and supporters who empower the potential of more than 1,400 kids in our community.
The Biggest Social - January 29, 2020
Come celebrate National Mentoring Month with BBBS! Join us to learn about the impactful work Big Brothers Big Sisters is doing in Central Indiana. This event is free and open to anyone interested in learning more about our mission of serving youth through 1:1 mentoring relationships.
WHERE: MESH on Mass. Ave (725 Massachusetts Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46204)
WHEN: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 | 6 - 8 p.m.
Free food, drinks, and door prizes provided!
Entertainment includes special guest speakers and local music.
RSVP by filling out the form below! Contact Kevin Mohsenzadeh with questions at 317-472-3722 or [email protected].
Starbucks Appreciation Days
As a thank you to the volunteers who inspire their Littles all year long, Starbucks is offering all active Bigs a FREE all (12 fl. oz.) beverage of their choice each Friday in January. Present your BBBSCI volunteer ID card or your promotional postcard at participating Central Indiana Starbucks stores to receive your free tall beverage (12 fl. oz.) beverage on January 3, 10, 17, 24, & 31.. Only "stand alone" Starbucks stores are participating in the promotion. Starbucks counters inside retail stores (like Meijer and Target), airports, hotels, etc. are not participating in this promotion. Click here for a list of participating stores in Central Indiana.
50 Kids in 31 days
January is National Mentoring Month and to celebrate, we’re collecting short videos of our Bigs talking about why their Little is great for a social media campaign called “50 Kids in 31 Days”. This will help the community see what makes our kids amazing and raise awareness of our mission to defend, ignite, and empower potential. Here's how you can participate!
- Record a short video of yourself (no longer than 20 seconds) on your cell phone explaining why your Little is great. Please tell us what makes your Little special & unique.
- Make sure you mention your Little’s name or film the video as if you’re talking to your Little (“My Little is Katie and she is ….” Or, “Hey, Katie – I want you to know that …”)
- Send your video to Bridget at [email protected] or text them to her at 317-690-4963.
- We will post these on BBBSCI social every day in January with the hashtag #CelebratePotential.
- Make sure you post your story to your social media & share our posts on your page to raise awareness of BBBS and our wonderful Littles!
- Facebook (@BeBigForKids) / Instagram (@BigBroBigSisIND) / Twitter(@BigBroBigSisIND).
Questions? Contact Bridget Feeney, Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected]
Empower Potential - Become a Big
By becoming a Big, you empower kids in our community to realize their full potential. And we're always looking for more Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Big Couples, and Big Friends! Interested in volunteering as a Big? Do you know someone who would make a great Big? Want to learn how you can help us defend the potential of more than 1,400 kids in Central Indiana? Click here or contact Eric Cervantes at [email protected]