Career and College Readiness Program for our Littles
What is Big Futures?
When our Littles enter high school, we work with community partners to promote career and college readiness Littles and their families as they explore post-graduation opportunities. High-school Littles, along with their Bigs, have the opportunity to take part in our Big Futures Program which prepares them for their graduation from high school and our program.
2016 - 2017 Big Futures Program Opportunities:
- Center for Leadership Development College Prep Conference
- College visit at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Opportunity to take part in a Peace Learning Center hike and workshop
- Trip to Ball State University and the planetarium
- Open house and information night with Center for Leadership Development
- Etiquette Dinner and lesson
- Nordstrom Professional Dress Etiquette event
- Graduation Gear-up event
- Our annual Celebrate Mentoring Event
- Professional Shadowing opportunity with Dauby O'Connor & Zaleski, LLC
- Scholarship opportunities
Each year the Big Futures program culminates in our Celebrate Mentoring Event. Celebrate Mentoring recognizes graduating matches and celebrates the positive impact that mentoring relationships formed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana have on our mentors, our youth, and our Central Indiana community.
How to get involved
Interested in sponsoring Big Futures? Contact Whitney Smith, Director of Corporate Giving & Marketing, at email@example.com or 317.472.3705 to learn more about available opportunities.
Are you the parent or Big of a high-school Little? Contact Stephanie Sachs, Manager of Program Events & Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org or
317-472.3709 to learn more about participating in this year's activities.