Career and College Readiness Program for our Littles
What is Big Futures?
When our Littles enter high school, we work with community partners to promote career and college readiness Littles and their families as they explore post-graduation opportunities. High-school Littles, along with their Bigs, have the opportunity to take part in our Big Futures Program which prepares them for their graduation from high school and our program.
2017 - 2018 Big Futures Program Opportunities:
- A college prep fair at the Center for Leadership Development
- A college visit to an in-state university, such as Indiana University, Purdue University, or Ball State University
- An info night at the Center for Leadership Development
- Professional shadowing opportunities with community and corporate partners
- An etiquette dinner and lesson
- A professional dress etiquette event
- Scholarship opportunities
- Our annual Celebrate Mentoring Event
- A Graduation Gear-Up event for the class of 2019
Each year the Big Futures program culminates in our Celebrate Mentoring Event. Celebrate Mentoring recognizes graduating matches and celebrates the positive impact that mentoring relationships formed at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana have on our mentors, our youth, and our community.
How to get involved
Are you the parent or Big of a high school aged Little? Contact Stephanie Sachs, Manager of Program Events & Partnerships, at email@example.com or
317-472.3709 to learn more about participating in this year's activities.