Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana is committed to keeping our Bigs, Littles, families, employees, and supporters healthy and safe. We continue to take steps to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). As Indiana continues to progress through its stages to safely re-open, BBBSCI has re-evaluated the COVID-19 guidelines we have in place. See below for an update from BBBSCI as of September 21, 2020.
We are taking measures to stay busy, safe, and healthy:
- Effective October 5, 2020, all staff will work from our office building at least one day a week. For the health and safety of all stakeholders, our office building will remain closed to the public at this time.
- Program functions, including Volunteer Interviews, Youth/Parent Interviews, and Mentor Trainings, will take place via video, web conference, or phone for the time being. New matches have the option to meet in person or virtual. Matches are allowed to see each other in person. Click here for the 8.20.2020 update regarding Match Meeting Guidelines.
- Additionally, we have resumed small group match activities. These are held outdoors, with a limited number of attendees to ensure social distancing. Please monitor The Big App and future emails for details.
- Please contact your Mentoring Relationship Specialist, refer to The Big App, or email email@example.com for ideas on how to stay connected.
- We will continue thoroughly cleaning the BBBSCI facility according to CDC recommendations.
We are staying inspired by stories of Bigs and Littles safely connecting and supporting each other.
We are staying informed to support our community:
Our community is working to support people during this time. Please click here for a list of resources and programs. Additionally, our team put together a newsletter with information and resources for families; click here to read it.
As always, stay informed and continue to follow the Center for Disease Control’s recommendations for preventing the spread of illness.
If you have any general questions or need additional information, you may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of the BBBSCI mission and for all you do to defend potential in our community.
CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana