LIGHT ONE MATCH GIVING SOCIETY
The Light One Match Society is a new leadership giving society that encompasses a distinguished group of donors making gifts of $2,000-$10,000 to assist Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana (BBBSCI) in creating new mentoring relationships each fiscal year. To support just one match for an entire year costs BBBSCI $2,000 and with a growing wait list of kids that have asked for a mentor, generous donors at this level can help us reach more kids in our community.
Thanks to the generosity of Al and Shary Oak for making this new giving society possible, you can help BBBSCI create 50 new mentoring relationships in 2021. The Oak Family has committed a $50,000 challenge gift to match 50 new gifts of $1,000.
As part of the benefits of this program, each donor will be invited to BBBSCI's first annual Light One Match Luncheon to recognize donors for their generosity and share more about the 50 new matches made possible through the Light One Match Society. Other benefits include:
- Recognition in BBBSCI's Annual Report
- A program that includes the 50 new matches
- Other agency communications and special event opportunities
- Invitation to annual Light One Match Society event to meet and network with other society members and agency leaders
- Profiles and photos of the 50 new matches made by the Light One Match Society
- Two tickets to annual Celebrate Mentoring event
- Preferred seating with ticket purchase to The Main Event
- Recognition in annual report and website
- Special agency communication and event opportunities
Al and Shary Oak are both dedicated supporters of BBBSCI and advocates for youth. Al was past president of Big Brothers of Greater Indianapolis, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, and has served as a Big Brother multiple times. Both Al and Shary have a deep affinity for mentoring after witnessing the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters over the years. The two share one son, Adam, a daughter-in-law, Christen, and are proud grandparents to grandson, Miles. When they are not enjoying the Florida sunshine, they spend their time here in Indianapolis. BBBSCI is grateful for the support of the Oak family and for their commitment to the limitless potential of every child.